If you find yourself craving some of your favorite bakery items from your local coffee shop, consider making your own perfect pastry pairing that won’t debunk you from your health regimen.
These Medifast chocolate chip coffee cake muffins are a delicious combination of Medifast meals and a few ingredients from your own kitchen. They are easy to make and are perfect when you are on the go. If you do have a little extra time, you can bake mini muffins in the oven and make a healthy treat for a brunch with friends.
YIELDS: 2 meals, 2 condiments
1 packet MF Cappuccino (1 Meal)
1 packet MF Chocolate Chip Pancakes (1 Meal)
1 packet of Splenda (1 Condiment)
1 tbsp. Egg Beaters
1/4 tsp. baking powder (1/2 Condiment)
1/4 cup Water
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 tbsp. light cream cheese – Optional (2 Condiments)
1/2 packet Splenda – Optional (1/2 Condiment)
DIRECTIONS – MICROWAVE
1. Mix muffin ingredients together.
2. Mix frosting ingredients together, separate from muffin mix.
3. Pour into a 4-inch round or square plastic microwavable dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
4. Microwave on High for 1:45 – 2 minutes, checking for consistency.
5. Top muffins with dollops of cream cheese frosting.
6. Enjoy immediately!
DIRECTIONS – OVEN
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix muffin ingredients together
3. Mix frosting ingredients together, separate from muffin mix.
4. Pour mix into small muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam.
5. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, checking for consistency.
6. Top muffins with dollops of cream cheese frosting.
7. Enjoy immediately!
*Yields 8 mini muffins.