Shrimp may be small, but they are loaded with protein, vitamin D, vitamin B3, and zinc. Their nutritional composition make them ideal for weight loss, as zinc has been shown to increase leptin circulation, which is a hormone that helps regulate the body’s energy output, fat storage, and plays a big factor in your appetite. This Medifast lean and green recipe is perfect for a summer evening – it’s light, colorful, and delicious.
3 servings, each serving contains 1 lean, 3 greens, 2 healthy fats, 2 condiments
- 21 oz. fully cooked frozen shrimp, thawed (3 lean)
- 3-8 oz. packages House Tofu Shirataki Brand angel hair noodles (6 greens)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced OR 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained (2 greens)
- ½ cup green peppers, chopped (1 green)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (6 healthy fats)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- Thaw frozen shrimp. De-vein and peel shrimp if necessary.
- Make the seasoning blend by combining all the spices in a small bowl.
- Drain liquid from noodles and rinse thoroughly; set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Once pan is heated, add olive oil and stir in minced garlic.
- Immediately add shrimp, green bell peppers, and lime juice.
- Sprinkle the entire seasoning blend over shrimp and peppers. Stir.
- Sauté shrimp and peppers 3 to 6 minutes.
- Add drained noodles and continue to sauté an additional 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp begins to brown and peppers are al dente (tender-crisp).
- Remove from heat.
- Toss with tomatoes
- Serve and enjoy!