Forget soup from a can when you can easily make your own tomato soup with just a few ingredients. Not only can you add cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, or herbs if you are looking for soup with more of a kick, but you can also add 6 oz. of shredded chicken to transform this dish into a full Lean and Green meal.
YIELDS: 2 Servings | 1 Serving: 3 Greens, 2 Condiments
- 3 cups tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 °.
- Cut tomatoes and garlic. Roast in oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Combine broth, onion powder, tomatoes, and garlic in a pot and place on stove.
- Bring contents to a boil and then allow them to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender or food processor.
- Serve and enjoy!