Here is an Italian classic and family favorite – chicken Parmesan. This recipe is great if you have a busy day ahead of you and won’t have time to prepare dinner later. Add some broccoli or zucchini ribbons to make your meal Lean and Green.
YIELDS: 4 Servings | 1 Serving: 1 Lean, 1 Green, 1.6 Condiments
- 36 oz. raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts – should yield 4, 6 oz. portions
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes – less than 5 g. carbs per ½ cup serving
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- Combine all other ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve 6 oz. of chicken with ½ cup of sauce.