This recipe is essential for the holidays, but is even better because you can use it no matter the time of year! Not only that, but you easily get an entire Lean and Green meal as well.
YIELDS: ~2 Servings | 1 Serving: 1 Lean, 3 Green, 1 Healthy Fat, 2 Optional Condiments
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) boneless turkey breast, raw
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. onion, diced
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup low-sodium broth
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. canola oil, butter, or trans fat-free margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place turkey in medium roasting pan.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of poultry seasoning, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder on the turkey.
- Place celery, onions, and sliced mushrooms around the turkey.
- Pour chicken broth and oil (or substitute) into roasting pan.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes, or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 170°F.
- If cooking turkey with skin on, remove skin prior to eating.
- Serve and enjoy!