This Medifast recipe adds a little zest to your lean and green meal menu. Ahi tuna is another great lean meat to eat in moderation. Tuna is low in saturated fat and sodium and a great source of protein and selenium, an antioxidant that boosts the immune system.
YIELDS: 1 Serving. 1 Lean, 3 Green, 2 Healthy Fats, 2 Optional Condiments
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) raw tuna steak (should yield one 7-oz cooked serving)
- 1 cup bok choy stalks, leaves removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup cucumbers, shredded or chopped into “match-stick” size pieces
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1-½ tsp. wasabi paste*
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Dash of salt and/or pepper (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray
*Look for wasabi paste in the “international aisle” of your grocery food store. A 1-Tbsp serving should contain about 15 calories, <3 g carbohydrates, and <1 g fat.
- Preheat skillet to medium-high heat.
- Mix lime juice and wasabi and coat your tuna steaks.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray for 5-10 seconds.
- Place tuna steaks on skillet and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes each side or until desired doneness (until the flesh of the tuna is opaque and can easily be flaked with a fork).
- Slice cucumbers into “match-stick” size pieces.
- Chop bok choy into short bite-sized pieces.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve tuna on top of salad.
Serve and enjoy!