Portabella mushrooms are extremely versatile, making them ideal to have in your healthy kitchen. Portabella mushrooms are low in fat, low in calories, and are rich in selenium, copper, and niacin. These nutrients help your body produce antioxidants, energy, and boost your immune system. We can’t help but love this food!
YIELDS: 2 Servings | 1 Serving – 1 Lean, 3 Green, 2 Condiments
- 1 lb. portabella mushroom caps
- 1 cup shredded, moderate fat mozzarella cheese
- ½ lb. lean ground beef, browned
- ½ cup fresh tomato, chopped
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary, diced or chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cooked ground beef, and cheese.
- Then add rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil into the mixture.
- Discard the stems and interior of mushrooms.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, and soy sauce mixture on the inside and outside of the mushrooms.
- Bake mushrooms until soft, then divide cheese and beef mixture into mushroom caps.
- Cook an extra 2 minutes, or until chees is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!