Every February, families and friends come together to watch the biggest sporting event in America: the Super Bowl. This year, the Super Bowl is even more exciting for Minnesotans as we watch the big event move into US Bank Stadium! As you gear up to host or attend a Super Bowl party, don’t fret about maintaining your weight loss- we’ve come up with some delicious recipes to help you enjoy the Super Bowl without abandoning your weight-loss plan!
- 5 Trader Joe’s Turkey Meatballs
- ¼ cup Guy’s Smokey Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Bake meatballs according to package.
- Combine BBQ sauce and soy sauce in small bowl and pour over meatballs.
- 2 Light Laughing Cow Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup 2% reduced-fat Mexican 3 Cheese Blend
- ⅛ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 Jalapenos, depending on size
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes.
- In large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place 2 teaspoons of mixture into each jalapeno half, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, bake at 400 degrees F for 5-10 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Serve Warm.
- 9 oz raw boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 bag Medifast Parmesan Cheese Puffs
- 1 tbsp Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush Parmesan Cheese Puffs into bread-crumb consistency.
- Mix Parmesan cheese with the puffs and pour crumb-mixture into a Ziploc bag, set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine chicken with Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce, tossing until combined.
- Place coated chicken into Ziploc bag with crumb mixture and shake the bag until the chicken is completely coated with the crumbs.
- Put the crumb-coated chicken cubes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for approx. 25-30 minutes.
Optional Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Hidden Valley Light Ranch Dressing
- 1 tsp Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 11.2 oz raw, peeled shrimp
- 2 tbsp Walden Farms Apricot Preserves
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Place apricot preserves into a small bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until partially melted.
- Add soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and canola oil to the preserves, stirring until combined.
- Thread shrimp into a metal or soaked wooden skewer.
- Brush sauce on both sides of shrimp, leave to marinate in the fridge for one hour before grilling.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 2 cups Kale, broken into pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a non-insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife, remove the leaves from the stems and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and dry kale with a salad spinner.
- Lay the kale on the prepared cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Lightly sprinkle sea salt on the leaves.
- Bake until the edges are brown, but not burnt, 10-15 minutes.
- Halfway through, turn the chips over and lightly spray with cooking spray.
We hope you love these recipes! Find more Medifast-friendly recipes at www.sandyskitchenadventures.com. Looking to begin your weight-loss journey? Call 1-855-RESULTS or click here to schedule your free consultation!